I am so excited that it is Friday. I love knowing that I have 2 days off ahead of me, especially since I spent most of the day yesterday thinking the weekend was already here. Last night, I saw The Time Traveler’s Wife with my mom and Stacey. It was good, depressing and odd, but good.
Since I’ve started this blog I have acquired some fans, 10 to be exact. With this fame, I am subject to much acclaim but I have to say…there is also a dark side. Despite the support I receive from my dedicated readers, I do from time to time receive complaints. I recently was told by one of my minions that I was a little TOO self deprecating. I can see this. Most of my creativity stems from my ability to make fun of myself. Actually, I don’t know who I am really without self deprecation. I do agree however that self motivation and love is also a very critical component to weight loss so I thought I would try and toot my horn a little so I don’t scare anyone into reserving me a padded room.
1) I haven’t bitten my nails in a few days. I’m not saying that haven’t been in between my teeth, primed and ready, but I am saying I haven’t bitten them off.
2) Today, while everyone at work was enjoying fried chicken, pizza and things smothered in cheese, I was eating Baked Tostitos, salsa, and a black bean burger. I was very proud of that.
3) 3 People outside of those that live with me have noticed that I have lost weight in the past 48 hours. I feel a bit bloated today because I didn’t exercise and my belly looks a bit more full than normal but clearly, I’m doing something right.
4) I have managed to blog every day since I started. I have a hard time keeping up with things which is why I have school work to do this weekend but I am not too keen on the fact that reading and writing will interfere with my social life.
5) I ordered clothes online that came in yesterday and only one thing fit (and it was a little snug). I know that doesn’t sound like I am being nice to myself but I am really just proud for not having an emotional fit in front of my roommates. (Just FYI…the term “Boyfriend Jean” translates to “Skinny Jean” in the plus sized clothing world and no offense…but no one over a size 2 should be wearing anything called a “Skinny Jean.”
So, there are ways that I can write that don’t involve self deprecation. I am just not comfortable with them. I do love some things about myself. There are other things that I don’t hate about myself but it’s easy to make fun of them.
I know I say this a lot…but I am really tired today. My lack of decent circulation was in rare form last night…it seemed like every time I got into a comfortable position, my feet, hands or thighs would go numb. It sucks…I am so restless and wired at night that I just can’t sleep. One day…
YAY!!!!! for all 5 of those things! And, I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get some good sleep soon!ReplyDelete